Please note, due to the current COVID-19 outbreak there are a few changes to the day-to-day running of 1st For Fabrics:
- Our shop in Newcastle will re-open to the public on Tuesday 14th July with revised opening times. From this date we will be open Tuesday to Friday, 1pm-4.30pm & Saturday 9am – 1pm (Please see below for guidelines on what to expect when you visit).
- Our website is still very much up and running for both delivery options and Click and Collect. Our Click and Collect service will be available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm (please wait for a phone call to confirm your order is ready to pick up).
- We will have minimal staff available to answer calls/emails/social media messages, so please do bear this in mind when you are waiting for a response. We will aim to get back to you as soon as we possibly can.
Postage and Order Collection during Covid-19 closure:
We have introduced additional postal options to our checkout. You can now choose from:
- Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For – £3.35. This service usually takes 2-3 working days, but please allow up to 7 -10 working days during this current pandemic.
- Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For – £3.95. This service usually takes 1-2 working days, but please allow up to 3-5 working days during this current pandemic.
- DPD Next Day Delivery – £5.50. DPD are working to their regular schedule at the moment, we will always aim to process you order within 1-2 working days (the same day if we can!) and we have DPD pick-ups Monday through to Friday. DPD will contact you via the mobile number or email address on your order with your estimated delivery slot.
After a small trial period, we have now reopened our Click and Collect option for those who live locally to us. Please see below for guidance:
- If you would like to pick up your order, please select ‘Click and Collect’ at the checkout.
- As soon as your order has been processed we will give you a call to arrange a pick time (we aim for the same day/next day – please allow for longer over the weekends).
- Please head to the side/staff entrance to our shop – not the front where the blue shutter doors are. If you’re unsure, give us a call and we will happily direct you. On arrival, toot your horn and we will pop out.
- Once we are sure we have the right order in our hand, we will give you a wave and leave your order in a bag on the step next to our staff door. Please allow us to retreat to a safe social distance before picking up your bag.
If you are in any doubt whether or not to leave your home, or if you are shielding then we would encourage you to select a postal option. We are doing all we can to create a contactless environment, but please always err on the side of caution and be as safe as you can.
Visiting 1st For Fabrics once we re-open on the 14th will be a slightly different experience. Please see below for the guidelines:
- Please DO NOT visit the store if you are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms related to Covid-19.
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry – we ask ALL customers to use this.
- Face masks/coverings are required unless medically exempt.
- We have worked hard to widen aisles for safer shopping. You are required to keep 2 metres apart from staff and other customers.
- Where possible please shop alone or with just one other.
- Should you need to bring children into the shop, please ensure they stay with you the whole time.
- We will be limiting the amount of shoppers in store at any one time. During busy periods, you may be asked to queue outside.
- There will be no customer toilet facilities.
- Contactless card payments are strongly encouraged.
- (this is a tricky one) Please keep touching to a minimum. We also encourage you to come along with an idea or project in mind so that we can easily help you find what you need.
- We urge you to please be patient with us. This has been an incredibly difficult time and we are taking tentative steps back to ‘normality’. It takes time to work things out and we will be learning as we go.
- Of course our wonderful website will still be fully operational if you would prefer to shop online with us. Click and Collect will still be available Monday-Friday 10am – 4.30pm.
If you cannot find what you need on our website:
If you’ve ever been in our shop then you may be aware of the volume of products that we stock – fabrics by the thousands, plus hundreds of trims and haberdashery items.
Whilst we are working towards having as much stock online as possible, it is still a work in progress.
If you can’t see what you need on our website then please do drop us a note via the contact form and we will get back to you with details and prices if we can help.
Some examples of items that we stock that may not yet be online:
Sewing Machines Needles / Zips / Thread / Elastic / Trim / Patterns / Upholstery Fabrics / Curtain Lining / Dress Lining / Dress Net / Felt / Fleece / Toy Fill / Cushion Fills / and SO MUCH MORE!
Before You Order
While we strive to provide high quality images of the products on our website, please note that these are only a representation of colour, and each screen/monitor can create variations. If you’re unsure then we suggest that you take advantage of our sampling service to allow you to see the fabric before purchasing. We cannot accept responsibility for the colour or shade differences between the representations on-screen and the actual fabric.
If you have placed an order in error and wish to cancel or amend your purchase, please contact us ASAP. We aim to process orders as swiftly as possible and it is only possible to rectify mistakes before the fabric has been cut. Once the fabric has been cut as per your order, we class that order as fulfilled.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0191 2701333 during shop hours if you have any concerns.
We currently accept payments via PayPal, Debit and Credit card payments accepted via Stripe.
All prices of goods are displayed in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT.
For samples and orders over £50, delivery is FREE to UK mainland addresses.
Orders under £50 will be charged a postage and packing fee of £4.95.
If you placed your order before 12 noon Tuesday-Friday, we will aim to ship your order the same day, provided all items are in stock. Orders placed after 12 noon will be processed the following day, and orders placed after 12 noon on a Friday will be processed the following Tuesday.
We send our parcels either via DPD and Royal Mail please allow 2-5 working days for your order to arrive. We keep proof of postage for all items sent but we cannot accept responsibility for items lost or damaged in transit.
Our website is currently unable to process orders with a delivery address outside of the UK. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to purchase from outside of the UK and we will be able to advise on method of shipping and estimate a cost.
We take great care to measure, check, cut and package your order, so please do let us know if it arrives with any damage.