Our shop will be re-opening on Tuesday 13th April 2021 at 1pm.
Our opening times from this date will be:
Tuesday to Friday, 1pm until 4.30pm.
Saturday, 9am until 1pm.
Please note, due to the current COVID-19 outbreak there are a few changes to the day-to-day running of 1st For Fabrics:
- Our website is still very much up and running for both delivery options and Click and Collect. Our Click and Collect service will be available Monday to Friday 10am-3pm (please wait for a phone call to confirm your order is ready to pick up).
- We will have minimal staff available to answer calls/emails/social media messages, so please do bear this in mind when you are waiting for a response. We will aim to get back to you as soon as we possibly can.
- We always aim to process your order as quickly as possible, but this may be up to 3 working days at the moment.
Postage and Order Collection during Covid-19 closure:
We have introduced additional postal options to our checkout. You can now choose from:
- Royal Mail Signed For – £3.95. This service usually takes 2-5 working days, but please allow up to 7-10 working days during this current pandemic.
- DPD Express Delivery – £5.50. DPD are working to their regular schedule at the moment, they will contact you via the mobile number or email address on your order with your estimated delivery slot.
If you are using our Click and Collect Service:
- If you would like to pick up your order, please select ‘Click and Collect’ at the checkout.
- As soon as your order has been processed we will give you a call to arrange a pick time.
- Please head to the side/staff entrance to our shop – not the front where the blue shutter doors are. If you’re unsure, give us a call and we will happily direct you. On arrival, toot your horn and we will pop out.
- Once we are sure we have the right order in our hand, we will give you a wave and leave your order in a bag on the orange crates next to our staff door. Please allow us to retreat to a safe social distance before picking up your bag.
- If you are coming to collect your order when we are open and would like to browse the shop, please head to the main entrance where you will be able to ask a member of staff for your order.
If you are in any doubt whether or not to leave your home, or if you are shielding then we would encourage you to select a postal option. We are doing all we can to create a contactless environment, but please always err on the side of caution and be as safe as you can.
Before paying us a visit, please consider the following guidelines:
- Please DO NOT visit the store if you are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms related to Covid-19.
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry – we ask ALL customers to use this.
- Face masks/coverings are required unless medically exempt.
- We have worked hard to widen aisles for safer shopping. You are required to keep 2 metres apart from staff and other customers.
- Where possible please shop alone or with just one other.
- Should you need to bring children into the shop, please ensure they stay with you the whole time.
- We will be limiting the amount of shoppers in store at any one time. During busy periods, you may be asked to queue outside.
- There will be no customer toilet facilities.
- Contactless card payments are strongly encouraged.
- (this is a tricky one) Please keep touching to a minimum. We also encourage you to come along with an idea or project in mind so that we can easily help you find what you need.
- We urge you to please be patient with us. This has been an incredibly difficult time and we are taking tentative steps back to ‘normality’. It takes time to work things out and we will be learning as we go.
- Of course our wonderful website will still be fully operational if you would prefer to shop online with us. Click and Collect will still be available Monday-Friday 10am – 3pm.
If you cannot find what you need on our website:
If you’ve ever been in our shop then you may be aware of the volume of products that we stock – fabrics by the thousands, plus hundreds of trims and haberdashery items.
Whilst we are working towards having as much stock online as possible, it is still a work in progress.
If you can’t see what you need on our website then please do drop us a note via the contact form and we will get back to you with details and prices if we can help.
Some examples of items that we stock that may not yet be online:
Sewing Machines Needles / Zips / Thread / Elastic / Trim / Patterns / Upholstery Fabrics / Curtain Lining / Dress Lining / Dress Net / Felt / Fleece / Toy Fill / Cushion Fills / and SO MUCH MORE!
Before You Order
While we strive to provide high quality images of the products on our website, please note that these are only a representation of colour, and each screen/monitor can create variations. If you’re unsure then we suggest that you take advantage of our sampling service to allow you to see the fabric before purchasing. We cannot accept responsibility for the colour or shade differences between the representations on-screen and the actual fabric. Samples are £1 each and UK postage is free for up to 10 samples. Please drop us an email or use the contact for below to arrange.
If you have placed an order in error and wish to cancel or amend your purchase, please contact us ASAP. We aim to process orders as swiftly as possible and it is only possible to rectify mistakes before the fabric has been cut. Once the fabric has been cut as per your order, we class that order as fulfilled.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0191 2701333 during shop hours if you have any concerns.
We currently accept payments via PayPal, Debit and Credit card payments accepted via Stripe.
All prices of goods are displayed in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT.
For samples and orders over £50, delivery is FREE to UK addresses.
UK Orders under £50 can choose one of the following shipping rates:
Royal Mail Signed For – £3.95
DPD Express Delivery – £5.50
We aim to process orders as speedily as possible. At the moment due to Covid and staff absences we are aiming to ship orders within 3 working days.
We keep proof of postage for all items sent but we cannot accept responsibility for items delayed, lost or damaged in transit.
At this time we are unable to offer postage outside of the UK. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
We take great care to measure, check, cut and package your order, so please do let us know if it arrives with any damage.