Please note, due to the current COVID-19 outbreak there are a few changes to the day-to-day running of 1st For Fabrics:
- Our shop in Newcastle is currently CLOSED to the public until further notice. This is to help prevent the spread of the virus – stay safe, stay home (if you’re able to).
- Our website is still very much up and running and we will continue to process and dispatch orders for as long as we are able to. Our UK Flat Rate postage has been reduced to £2.50, and most orders will be sent via Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For service.
- Our Click and Collect service has now been removed following the most recent advice from the Government to stay home unless absolutely necessary.
- Sadly we cannot currently include our famous FREE thread with each order. This is due to supply chain delays beyond our control.
- We will have minimal staff available to answer calls/emails/social media messages, so please do bear this in mind when you are waiting for a response. We will aim to get back to you as soon as we possibly can.
Before You Order
While we strive to provide high quality images of the products on our website, please note that these are only a representation of colour, and each screen/monitor can create variations. If you’re unsure then we suggest that you take advantage of our sampling service (see below) to allow you to see the fabric before purchasing. We cannot accept responsibility for the colour or shade differences between the representations on-screen and the actual fabric.
If you have placed an order in error and wish to cancel or amend your purchase, please contact us ASAP. We aim to process orders as swiftly as possible and it is only possible to rectify mistakes before the fabric has been cut. Once the fabric has been cut as per your order, we class that order as fulfilled.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0191 2701333 during shop hours if you have any concerns.
We currently accept payments via PayPal, Debit and Credit card payments accepted via Stripe.
All prices of goods are displayed in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT.
For samples and orders over £50, delivery is FREE to UK mainland addresses.
Orders under £50 will be charged a postage and packing fee of £4.95.
If you placed your order before 12 noon Tuesday-Friday, we will aim to ship your order the same day, provided all items are in stock. Orders placed after 12 noon will be processed the following day, and orders placed after 12 noon on a Friday will be processed the following Tuesday.
We send our parcels either via DPD and Royal Mail please allow 2-5 working days for your order to arrive. We keep proof of postage for all items sent but we cannot accept responsibility for items lost or damaged in transit.
Our website is currently unable to process orders with a delivery address outside of the UK. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to purchase from outside of the UK and we will be able to advise on method of shipping and estimate a cost.
We take great care to measure, check, cut and package your order, so please do let us know if it arrives with any damage.